Sunday, October 12, 2008

Weekend

Ventured to the Ren Fest this weekend outside of Plantersville, have heard about it for years but have always found an excuse for not going.

This year I braved it and so out I went on opening day.

As I pulled into the parking spot (grass) and called the friends I was meeting I peered around to see nothing but people in costume. Not sure if they were are a part of the activities or just people showing up to check it out I kept to myself. Lucky for me some normal looking people were also here for the first time and as confused as I on how to find the ticket gate. We overheard someone asking and followed the crowd.

Lets say if you can survive the parking lot and walking to the gate you can survive what awaits you inside for it is not much worse.

Enjoyed every minute of it, laughed with friends/watched some shows/watched some freaks (sorry) and saw amazing fireworks at the end of the day.

Getting out fo my truck after driving home I could barely walk but after some juice and sleep I was great today.

So my thought is this, even when you think you have seen all there is or if you fear what lies ahead just push forward and let yourself venture out of the comfort zone now and again.

3 comments:

Angie Love said...

You might clarify "juice" for those not downing Monavie on a regular basis!!
Glad you had a good time!!

blog_meg said...

I've never done RenFest but each year I have every intention of going. Would the kiddos like it, do you think?

Lisa Smith said...

Helen! Blogging?! There is always fun outside the comfort zone, no?! Good to find ya here.
lisa